I have learned that true happiness does not include the phrase “in order to be”. For me I am happiest when I am just being in the moment. In this phase of my bicycling life I am just being on a bike.
What does it mean for me when I say I am just being on a bike? I will list some of the reasons. I am not riding my bike “in order to be…”:
- …faster and ride with the A group.
- …in shape for a 200 mile bike ride.
- …at the top of the Strava leader board.
- …to have a 250 mile a week average.
- …to ride 10,000 miles in one calendar year.
Today I rode my bike and I was just being on my bike. It is just a coincidence that while I was on my bike being happy I also transported myself to and from work.